Real-time COVID impact: What data room activity can tell us
Looking at over 2000 active data rooms, we can see exactly where activity has dropped off – and where it’s likely to head.
Ansarada’s Indicators report was created to help our customers uncover value from the wealth of data we collect through our platform, and to give you an early indicator of trends occurring across industries.
Unlike other reports, which show closed deals, Indicators uses anonymized data points from all the deals run over the last quarter, both active and closed. While this doesn’t always guarantee a successful deal outcome has occurred, it enables us to paint a comprehensive picture of the trends 6-12 months before anyone else - the average deal taking that long to complete.
That’s because we know getting full visibility over data – past and present – is the only way to predict the future state with certainty, and to make truly informed decisions.
FY20Q4 Key findings: Trends as they unfold
- M&A activity was down 25% this quarter, and down 22% YoY
- Targeted transactions increased by 14% this quarter
- Raising funds increased by 29% this quarter
- Debt transactions increased by 63% this quarter
- Bankruptcies/insolvencies increased by 50% this quarter
- FY20 activity decreased across nearly all sectors compared to the previous financial year, with a few notable exceptions: Deals in Tech (up 20% YoY) and Materials (35% YoY)
- Sectors and industries hit hardest include Consumer Staples (down 49% YoY), Food & Staples retailing (down 82% YoY), Food, Beverage and Tobacco (down 41% YoY)
Market Indicators: Live event
Ansarada CEO Sam Riley alongside CMO Justin Smith will be running a live event to discuss the Indicators findings with A1 dealmakers, including Moelis, Houlihan Lokey, Miles Advisory, Advent, and King & Wood Mallesons on Wednesday 30th September at 11am AEST.
We’ll look at the leading data room indicators, including real-time COVID impact, the decline in M&A activity and the increase in insolvency and debt transactions, and a closer look at which industries have thrived - or barely survived - in this environment. Register for the event here.