Why are Tax Certificates important for business today?
Tax certificates enable your company to:
- Gain visibility on the requirements and terms and conditions related to the tax exempt or resale certificates
- Evaluate the rights of your company to purchase and resale tax exempted products or services
- Determine the progress and status of tax related to your company across jurisdictions
- Keep a record of tax payments made by your company for future reference
Why are Tax Certificates important for an event tomorrow?
Tax certificates are important for an event tomorrow, as they help:
- Evaluate the tax liabilities and tax status of your company across jurisdictions
- Assess the breadth of your company’s offerings and the different tax application across jurisdictions
- Evaluate the offerings and assets that require tax exemption or resale certificates and their current arrangements
Pros of addressing Tax Certificates
- Establish company credibility as these certificates are issued by government authorities
- Mitigate legal and operational risks with tax regulation non-compliance
- Ensure transparency between your company and tax authorities, vendors and customers across jurisdictions
- Enable your company to receive certain exemptions on sales tax
Cons of not addressing this topic
- Inability to claim tax benefits and incentives
- Risk of penalties, fines, scrutiny and litigation
- Increased time taken, and cost incurred, in due diligence by both internal company management and potential investors.